Saturday, February 25, 2012

It's About Trust!


Psalm 37:3 reads, "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture." and then in verse 5 it reads, "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." One of the key parts to Stewardship is trust....trust in God for everything in your life. Some call it faith, some call it trust, others say it is just the reality of believing in Jesus...you have to surrender everything to Jesus. I apply trust all throughout my day...when I push on the brake peddle I "trust" that it will use the proper mechanics to slow the vehicle I'm driving in, or when I sit on a chair, I "trust" that it will not let me down. There are other levels of trust in the relationships I have.......with my wife...I trust her to be committed to me everywhere she goes, and she does the same to me. My relationship with Jesus is based on trust as well....I trust that what he said about himself is true as recorded in the Bible...and because of that...I choose to trust him with all aspects of my life here on earth and where ever eternity will be. My logical mind says...if I am trusting Jesus with my soul and life for my eternity then I can trust him to lead me and guide me here with the resources that he has given to me, better than I could on my own. By resources I mean....everything I have been given by God...mind, intellect, experiences, gifts, abilities, relationships, family, money, possessions and time. Today I'm sitting here in front of my computer trying to use all that God has provided for me....my mind,my experience as a man and follower of Jesus Christ, a teacher and pastor and to some a friend. Whether anyone reads this blog or not, I am using my resources to bring Glory to God by being obedient to his call on my life and all it's resources. Tomorrow we will look more closely at Trust as McDermot Church Family gathers to focus on God. If you want to come to a place where we are learning to trust God with all that we have...please come. We are regular people with a great God that we are dedicating our lives to Love and Serve.
Blessings,
Pastor Brian

No comments: