Friday, February 10, 2012

Why talk about Stewardship?


The simple answer is because everything in life is really about "stewardship"! According to Dictionary.com it can be defined as "the responsible overseeing and protection of something considered worth caring for and preserving." I like that! The responsible overseeing of something.....anything that is worth caring for. When I look around at my life I can find many things that fit into this category. My education, my experience, my talents, my gifts, my personality, my resources.....like a house, bank account, possessions, vehicles, and other difficult to measure things like passion and zeal. I've used the following phrase to put this idea into one sentence.... "Using God's Human Resources with Wisdom!" Stewardship to me is exactly this...using God's human resources with wisdom. Too often we minimize the value or worth of who and what we have available to us...actually that we are stewards of.... in regards to God's Kingdom and His plan for our lives. All that we have has been a gift from God and we are responsible for the management of it for out entire lives. We are taking a few Sunday's to focus on the responsibility of the Human Resources that God has given to us to manage.
This Sunday we have a guest speaker from the North American Baptist Foundation and then the following Sunday's we'll be looking at God's Word to once again address this Biblical principle with focused intensity.
Blessings, Pastor Brian

No comments: